The history of Aliança Navegação e Logística is inextricably tied to the history of Brazilian commercial navigation. Founded in 1950 by German Carl Fischer, Aliança began with only one ship transporting fruits between Brazil and Argentina.
With Aliança, Carl Fischer established the only private company at the time offering cabotage services. Strengthened by the philosophy of reinvesting profits and constant modernization, the company achieved accelerated growth in 1959, taking 50% of the Brazilian market in refrigerated beef transport between Brazil and Argentina, thus solidifying its presence in Mercosul.
Between 1965 and 1991, the company ordered 30 ships, the majority in Brazil.
In 1967, Aliança, then considered the largest private cabotage company, began operating internationally, shipping to European ports on the Atlantic. After 1991, it expanded further to include the American market.
In 1998 the Oetker Group, which owns Hamburg Süd, acquired Aliança. Its operations then increased to include new itineraries connecting the Gulf of Mexico, Europe, Central America, the Caribbean, Asia and Brazil. In August, 1999, seeing growing opportunities in cabotage, Aliança was the first to invest in retaking the market for container transport between Brazilian ports.
Today, Aliança only works cabotage, with 10 full container vessels in operation and 15 vessels in international trades. It has offices in the major Brazilian ports, is leader in cabotage, is one of the largest employers of maritime professionals in the Brazilian market, and is listed in the ranking of the 500 Melhores e Maiores (Best and Largest) by Revista Exame, placing it among the 10 top transport companies in Brazil.